Work Place: The St. John’s Boys’ Choir
Location: Collegeville, MN
Post Date: 04/05/2019
Deadline: Until Filled
The Development Director will strategize, coordinate, manage, and execute development, public relations, and marketing activities for The St. John’s Boys’ Choir, allowing the organization to achieve the financial sustainability necessary to meet the artistic, cultural, and educational needs of the community. Essential to the role is the cultivation and nurturing of new and lasting donor relationships. A new and full-time position in our organization, the Development Director will have the opportunity to help build our development functions. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Developing an annual fundraising plan with Executive Director and Board of Directors that includes defines goals and strategies for fundraising activities including major giving, grants, special events, direct mail appeals, and corporate partnership initiatives
- Managing the implementation of DonorView (cloud-based database management software) and overseeing staff responsible for data entry and gift processing
- Taking a lead role in grant preparation, filing, tracking, and reporting
- Planning and coordinating major gifts in support of endowment fundraising
- Cultivating a diverse portfolio of donors and fostering donor relationships through personal meetings, phone calls, direct mailings, and presentations
- Working with Alumni Association in fostering long-term relationships with alumni and their families
- Establishing and implementing donor recognition and stewardship activities
- Overseeing the development of media, public relations, and marketing materials related to development activities
- Serving on the Board of Directors as a non-voting ex officio member and providing regular reports on fundraising activities
- Other duties as assigned
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A baccalaureate degree (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of four years’ experience in development, fundraising, public relations/ marketing or a related field
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Experience in donor cultivation and grant writing
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- A desire to work in a highly collaborative office environment and be willing to help in all aspects of SJBC’s operations
- An enthusiasm for meeting others, a passion for the arts and arts education, and the ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission and vision to others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with donor tracking / CRM systems
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred, but not required
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
- Occasionally working nights, weekends, and traveling
- A valid driver’s license
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- A background check
ABOUT THE ST. JOHN’S BOYS’ CHOIR:
The St. John’s Boys’ Choir (SJBC) was founded by the monks of Saint John’s Abbey in 1981. While a sponsored program of Saint John’s University, the choir is an independent non-profit 501(c)3 organization responsible for its own funding and operations. The choir’s mission is to offer an enriching experience in music education with an emphasis in vocal music, as well as the socializing experiences of shared enterprise, fellowship, cultural awareness, and touring for boys ages 8-15. The choir promotes vocal music education in Central Minnesota and provides the unique experience of a well-trained boys’ choir to its audiences. SJBC membership comprises more than 100 families in 15 communities across a 60-mile radius of Central Minnesota.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references by email to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Review of applications will commence on May 1 and continue until the position is filled.
Contact Person: Angi Klaverkamp
Contact Phone: (320) 363-2558