Work Place: ACDA-MN
Post Date: 06/30/2019
Application Deadline: 08/01/2019
Position Start: 09/01/2019
American Choral Directors Association of Minnesota (ACDA-MN) and its
F. Melius Christiansen (FMC) Endowment Fund have the following open part-time position
Director of Development ACDA of Minnesota
The American Choral Directors Association of Minnesota, a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, and its F. Melius Christiansen Endowment Fund is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to fill a part-time position (approximately 10 hours/week) as Director of Development. This individual will produce a revenue stream through donations from corporations, foundations and individuals to support the mission and goals of the organization. Oversight is provided by the F. Melius Christiansen Endowment Fund Committee and the board of directors of ACDA of Minnesota.
Position Starting Date:
Sep 1, 2019
- Create and implement a plan to solicit funds from corporate, foundation and individual donors to expand the F. Melius Christiansen Endowment Fund.
- Identify funding sources such as grants, in-kind donations, charitable events and marketing opportunities that may be used to advance the development of the organization.
- Work effectively with the F. Melius Christiansen Endowment Fund Committee, ACDA of Minnesota’s executive director, and the board of directors of ACDA of Minnesota.
- Create, edit and proof-read the F. Melius Christiansen Endowment Fund Annual Report.
- Complete required local, state and federal applications pertinent to the position.
- Attend meetings, conferences and events as requested/required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) BA/BS
- Passion for and knowledge of Minnesota’s choral community
- Relevant experience with a non-profit 501 (c)(3) arts organization preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well organized and self motivated with keen attention to detail
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Power Points, etc., or equivalent software applications)
- Flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Car for work purposes
Annual compensation for this part-time position is $11,400
Application Must Include:
- Letter of application
- Career resume
- Three professional references with contact information
Job Description Document:
Fill out the following application form and attach the required documents in PDF format.
Review of application begins on 8/1/2019
For more information or any questions contact:
Bruce W. Becker
ACDA of Minnesota