Work Place: Minnesota State Community and Technical College
Location: Fergus Falls, MN
Post Date: 04/08/2019
Minnesota State Community and Technical College (M State), Fergus Falls campus, is accepting applications for a Full-time Music Choral Instructor to begin fall semester 2019. This position will become unlimited upon completion of required six semesters of probationary status.
Activities related to comprehensive community college teaching and learning, including but not limited to:
• Instructional planning and delivery;
• Teaching and facilitating student learning;
• Curriculum planning and development;
• Assessment of student performance at course and departmental level, and contribute to student assessment at the college general education level;
• Classroom management;
• Maintenance of professional skills and credentials;
• Participation in department meetings, coordination activities, and college-wide committees.
• Master’s degree with a major in music or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in music
• Demonstrated familiarity with and commitment to the mission and constituencies of a comprehensive community and technical college;
• Experience with learning communities or team teaching;
• Experience in curriculum development;
• Experienced in integrating cross-cultural and interdisciplinary perspectives in course instruction;
• Experience teaching a diverse student population.
• Experience as collegiate choral instructor/director.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit students to Fine and Performing Arts programs.
Application deadline is April 12, 2019. To apply, please go to: http://www.minnesota.edu/jobs/ (Academic & Administrator). The following materials will need to be uploaded and attached to online application:
• Letter of interest/cover letter;
• Curriculum vitae (or resume);
• Three current letters of professional reference; and
• College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening).
Please Note: Salary will be determined by guidelines set forth by the Minnesota State College Faculty (MSCF) contract and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU).
If you need accommodations to take part in the application process, please contact Human Resources at (218) 736-1512. For more information regarding M State, refer to our website at: http://www.minnesota.edu. M State is an Equal Opportunity Educator/Employer. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Contact Person: Human Resources