Work Place: Edina Chorale
Location: Edina, MN
Post Date: 06/20/2019
Deadline: Until Filled
The Edina Chorale is a 70 to 90 member auditioned SATB community chorus based in suburban Minneapolis/St. Paul. For 35 years we have performed a broad array of traditional choral music, classical works, and contemporary favorites for audiences throughout the Twin Cities, other parts of the U.S., and in Europe. The 2018-2019 concert season began with a traditional holiday concert, A Jubilant Song. In addition, the choir performed R. Vaughan Williams’ Dona Nobis Pacem with the Wayzata Symphony Orchestra and Two Rivers Chorale at Orchestra Hall and a May Pops concert, Here Comes the Sun. This concert was promoted with a flash mob performance of the Beatles song by the same name at Southdale Center. Hear some of our performances at www.edinachorale.org.
The Chorale’s vision is to inspire our singers, audiences and communities through the beauty and power of diverse choral music. Our priorities include regular collaborations with local choral and instrumental organizations.
The Job Opportunity:
The Edina Chorale is seeking a new Music Director to provide the artistic and musical vision, leadership, and inspiration, as well as the technical and teaching skills, to sustain and advance the Chorale’s artistic excellence. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and coordinating the annual Chorale program schedule (3-4 concerts per year) in collaboration with the Board of Directors’ Artistic Committee
- Plan future Chorale programming
Music Director Opportunity
- Direct and lead all weekly rehearsals (Tuesday evenings, September–May)
- Audition, develop, and coach Chorale singers
- Activity pursue collaboration opportunities with other vocal and instrumental organizations
- Supervise accompanist and Section leaders, as applicable
- Work in close partnership with the Chorale Board
- Actively promote the Chorale’s “brand” with external organizations, potential partners and singers, and participate in fund-raising activities
- BA, (MA or Doctorate preferred) in music with an emphasis in choral conducting
- Prior experience in directing and recruiting for an adult SATB chorus
- Piano proficiency
- Ability to develop choral programs that reflect a wide variety of musical genres
- Ability to identify and develop collaboration opportunities with other musical groups
- Ability to direct instrumentalists and others in support of the Chorale’s programming
- Ability to work in close partnership with a singer-based board of directors.
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: Dave Turk, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Screening of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Contact Person: David Turk