Work Place: Hamline Church United Methodist
Location: St. Paul, MN
Post Date: 05/03/2019
Deadline: Until Filled
Organist, Pianist, & Accompanist
Reports to: Senior Pastor, head of staff & Music Director, supervisor
Status: Part Time, 10 hours/week
To provide organ and piano music for scheduled worship services, rehearsals, and other occasions in support
of the music ministry of the church.
- Rehearse weekly with church choir and special musicians as scheduled. (Wednesday nights and other times as needed). Sunday worship 10am.
- Embody a collaborative spirit when accompanying the choir, soloists, and small ensembles in rehearsal and worship services
- Support the church’s worship environment through the well-prepared execution of music presented by the choirs and special musicians
- Support congregational worship through the accurate leadership of hymns and songs.
- Provide assistance in planning, preparing, rehearsing and playing appropriate music for all scheduled worship services and other required occasions to support the music ministry of the church.
- Supports creativity and innovation in worship (liturgy, music, special events) in collaboration with the worship planning team.
- Plan, select, and prepare preludes, postludes and offertories, with input from the pastor and music director.
- Provide music for Funeral and Weddings as called upon. Compensation for services will be paid as an honorarium by the family.
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of organ and piano
- Attend worship planning meetings and staff retreats as requested.
- Attend Worship Team meetings and other church meetings as requested.
- Prior experience in music ministry, organ and piano.
- Education background – Bachelors of Arts in Music
- Pass a criminal background screening
- Complies with all aspects and policies of the Hamline Church United Methodist Personnel Policy.
Email resume and cover letter, including experience to:
Rev. Mariah Tollgaard firstname.lastname@example.org, with title, “Organist and Accompanist”
Applications for this position will remain open until filled.
Contact Person: Rev. Mariah Tollgaard
Contact Phone: (651) 645-0667