Work Place: Eagan Women of Note
Location: Eagan, MN
Post Date: 07/20/2019
Deadline: Sept 9th
The pianist for the Eagan Women of Note is a highly valued and greatly appreciated role in this treble community choir. You will serve as the pianist at our rehearsals and performances: playing vocal parts and accompaniments and occasionally leading sectionals. As a creative partner, you will also work in collaboration with the director and ensemble in the music-making process.
- Seasonal, less than 10 hours per week
- Weekly rehearsals every Monday (September-May) starting at 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, with occasional extended rehearsals going to 9:00 pm.
- Biannual workshops one Saturday in October and February
- Biannual concerts one Sunday in December and May
- Community outreach performances midday on the weekend and in the evening midweek throughout the season
$3,600/year (Sept-May) with a potential end of year job performance payment
Eagan and surrounding area
- Play vocal parts during weekly rehearsals and biannual workshops
- Accompany choir at rehearsals, monthly community outreach performances, and biannual concerts
- Communicate with the director regularly
- Lead sectionals at biannual workshops with any needed instruction from the director
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience as a choral pianist
- Proficient keyboard skills
- Advanced sight-reading abilities
- Score reading in open and closed format for vocal parts
- Experience in various styles of choral music: jazz, classical, contemporary, etc.
- Ability to follow the director’s instructions and anticipate the choir’s needs
- Punctuality and dependability
- Communication and interpersonal skills in large group, small group, and individual settings
- Demonstrated ability to lead sectionals
Eagan Women of Note Description:
We are a non-auditioned, inclusive community choir comprised of adult singers with treble voices who love to sing, have fun, learn about choral music, and contribute to the community. As a community choir, we welcome singers of all ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds and all levels of vocal music experience. We love building friendships within the chorus and sharing the joy of music with our community. We sing a variety of music, including jazz, contemporary, classical, renaissance, and gospel. Community involvement is very important to us. Throughout the year we sing at community events, senior residences, and veterans homes. We take pride in our music and our community.
You can send your cover letter and résumé with three references via email. We will contact you within 7 days by phone/email.
Your interview will be scheduled between July 15th & August 15th.
Contact Person: Taylor Quinn