Work Place: The Blake School
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Post Date: 08/05/2020
Deadline: Until Filled
The Blake School seeks to hire a creative and talented Upper School (Grades 9-12) Choral Music Teacher with experience administering an active and successful choral program. This is a full-time, one-year position for the 2020-21 school year with the opportunity to apply for an ongoing full-time position beginning with the 2021-2022 school year . Blake is particularly interested in candidates who will enrich the diversity of identity, lived experience and thinking that makes our community strong and empowers students to engage across differences.
Applicants must complete the online job application, provide links to audio/video recordings (video preferred) of recent choral concerts conducted by applicant, and provide digital copies of programs from recent concerts conducted by the applicant. Video recordings of the applicant rehearsing with a choir is also welcome.
Application review to begin immediately. Blake will typically cover the travel and lodging costs for finalist candidates visiting from out of town.
- Teaching experience at the secondary level
- Commitment to imaginative programming of diverse choral repertoire
- Experience fostering healthy vocal development in school-age singers
- BA/BM degree or higher in music or music education
- Ability to work with students, parents and colleagues from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Collaborative working style
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents
- Administer and conduct an active choral program
- Teach three choirs each semester
- Co-teach Musical Theater class every other year
- Provide individual and group vocal coaching
- Advise and provide artistic direction for two student-led co-curricular ensembles
- Coordinate and direct two major concerts involving all choirs and co-curricular ensembles.
- Provide vocal music direction for the spring musical
- Plan and lead an annual spring concert tour
- Work collaboratively with the PK-12 arts department
Visit www.blakeschool.org to apply.