ACDA of Minnesota Commission Consortium
Ralph Johnson, Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Edina, commissioned composer
SATB Church Choir Commission Consortium Registration
Due May 1, 2020
- Twelve SATB church choral ensembles will be selected on a first-come/first selected basis to collaborate in a statewide church choir commission consortium with Minnesota composer Ralph Johnson.
- Pay $250 registration/commission fee. This fee gives your organization the right to reproduce copies and give your local premiere performance after the grand premiere at the ACDA-MN State Conference, Friday, November 20, 2020.
- Additional performances by your organization are allowed so long as the composition is unpublished. You will be notified if the composition is on schedule for publication, after which pre-publication use will require the permission of the composer and the publisher. Performance by a non-consortium group is not allowed during the first year, and thereafter will require the permission of the composer, unless/until the composition is published. A PDF of the score will be mailed by August 15, 2020 for your preparation.
- Each participating ensemble within the consortium group should plan to send a balanced ensemble of 8-10 SATB voices to the 2020 State Conference Music and Worship event (performance) on Friday, November 20, 8:00-9:30 pm located at St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church in Mahtomedi. The consortium choir will perform the premiere and participate in the Music and Worship service led by Dr. Anton Armstrong and several selected choral and instrumental ensembles.
- Conductor must be a current member of ACDA. Membership renewal information is available at: acda.org
- This registration implies that selected members (8-10 voices) of the above named SATB ensemble are prepared to travel to and perform as part of the grand premier at the 2020 November ACDA-MN State Conference.