ACDA Regional Conference
Scholarship Application to Attend
ACDA Regional Conference Scholarship
March 4 – 7, 2020
Due by December 1
The F. Melius Christiansen (FMC) Endowment Fund annually offers scholarships to attend the ACDA Regional Conference.
Eligible applicants include:
- Graduate students and undergraduate juniors/seniors, who are pursuing a career in choral conducting, and/or
- Choral conductors in their first six years of professional experience.
The scholarship will assist with expenses of registration and related conference events, lodging, meals and transportation, substitute teacher/director coverage.
Up to $1,000 available for active members
Up to $800 available for student members
- This is not a cash award.
- The FMC Endowment Fund will reimburse expenses up to the total amount of the scholarship awarded, for which receipts are submitted.
- The scholarship award could be applied to the purchase of music, books, resources or other conference materials.
NOTE: Applicants must be members of ACDA-MN
Selection will be made by the FMC Endowment Fund Scholarship Subcommittee.
The applications must include:
- A complete current resume, including complete address, phone, and email information
- A Letters of recommendation from:
- A student applicant’s college/university choral conductor – OR
- A director applicant’s administrator/supervisor familiar with the applicant’s work.
- A statement (within the form) of how this experience will impact the applicant’s continued development as a choral conductor.