Concert Performance Application
2018 State Conference
November 16 and 17, 2018
- Exclusive On-Line Applications Submitted through Opus Event
- No cost to audition
- Applications received by Friday, June 1, 2018, 10:00 pm
Items Needed to Apply On Opus Event
- Personal Member and Institution Contact Information
- ACDA Member Number and Expiration Date
- Upload mp3 format three contrasting recordings from last two academic years (2016-17 and 2017-18)
- Upload in pdf format, programs representing each recording
- Upload in pdf format, proposed 25 minute conference program
- Upload in pdf format, signed Administrative Certificate of Approval to apply and/or appear at the Conference
- Must be recorded in mp3 format
- Submit complete selections only
- Total recording time should be between 8 and 12 minutes
- Show Choirs are required to upload a video recording demonstrating 3 contrasting selections.
- The video upload is in place of the 3 recordings.
- The video should be between 8 and 12 minutes in length.
- Video formats accepted are: mp3, wmv, avi, mov, mpg, mpeg, mp4, and flv.
- One pdf file of a corresponding concert program is also required.
- June 1 – Uploaded application items and recording entered via Opus Event
- June 15 – Director Notification via phone or email message from Conference Chair
- Conductor must be a current member of ACDA, and employed in the same position for two academic years (2016-17 and 2017-18)
- ACDA does not assume any financial responsibility for travel, food, or lodging for performance groups.
- The application implies that the choir is prepared to travel to and perform at the conference if selected.
- Conductor must officially register at the posted registration rates for the conference in the day/weekend that their ensemble is performing.
- In the interest of fairness, ACDA reserves the right to select ensembles who have not recently been scheduled on conference programs.
- Failure to comply with any or all of the specifications in the application process will automatically disqualify the application.
- ACDA reserves the right to approve any applications for appearance and to edit all materials proposed for distribution.