Alice T. Larsen Graduate Study
Due by April 1
The Alice T. Larsen Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2013 by former students and colleagues, to honor the pioneering influence of Alice T. Larsen (1924-1989), Professor of Music and Conductor of the Manitou Singers at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. Managed and administered by the FMC Endowment Fund Committee, this named scholarship program will award a female Minnesota choral director or music educator a scholarship to pursue a graduate degree in choral conducting or music education at the college or university of her choice.
Recipients who previously received an Alice T. Larsen Memorial Scholarship are ineligible to reapply.
Note: Female applicants are encouraged to apply for the FMC Graduate Study Scholarship if they haven’t been a previous recipient of that scholarship award.
- A female choral conductor or music educator working in the state of Minnesota
- Membership in ACDA is required
- Must be in pursuit of an advanced degree in choral conducting or vocal music education
- Has completed a minimum of two years of teaching vocal music or choral conducting in Minnesota
- Recipients who previously received an Alice T. Larsen scholarship are ineligible to reapply.
- Note: Female applicants are encouraged to apply for the FMC Graduate Study Scholarship if they haven’t been a previous recipient of that scholarship award.
- One scholarship of $1500 will be awarded for either full or part-time graduate study
- Selection will be made by the FMC Endowment Fund Scholarship Subcommittee
Application Deadline has Expired!