Performance Applications for
Star of the North High School Festival
Friday November 18, 2022
Rehearsal / Clinic Location
Trinity Lutheran Church
St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church
ACDA-MN is proud to announce that noted American conductor/master clinician and ACDA National Past President Dr. Lynne Gackle of Baylor University, will be headlining the 2022 ACDA-MN State Conference where she will lead the Star of the North High School Choral Festival.
Star of the North High School Festival Schedule
Friday, November 18, 2022
- Late Morning/Afternoon: Solo choral clinics and combined festival rehearsal at Trinity Lutheran Church, Stillwater. Choirs eat lunch on their own prior to arrival.
- Late Afternoon: Combined and solo choir rehearsals and bus transfer to St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, Mahtomedi
- *Italian Buffet Dinner: served at St. Andrew’s, catered by Donatelli’s, Vadnais Heights.
- Evening: Concert performance (7:30-9:00 pm) at St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church. Each choir performs 15 minutes of repertoire.
*Note: meal cost charged to participating choirs
- Exclusive on-line audition applications submitted through Opus Event
- No cost to audition
- Received by Friday, April 15, 2022, 10:00 pm
ITEMS NEEDED TO APPLY ON OPUS EVENT
- Personal member and institutional contact information
- ACDA member number and expiration date
- Upload via mp3 format two contrasting recordings, including optional virtual performance files, from ANY of the last three academic years (2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22)
- Submit Administrative Certificate of Approval to apply/appear at the Conference. Use the form below.
- Must be recorded in mp3 format
- Submit complete selections only
- Total recording time should be between 7 and 10 minutes
- April 15 – Uploaded application items and recordings entered via Opus Event
- May 1 – Director notification via phone or email message from Conference Chair
- Conductor must be a current member of ACDA, and employed in the same position for two academic years (2020-21 and 2021-22)
- ACDA-MN does not assume any financial responsibility for travel, food, or lodging for performance groups.
- The application implies that the choir is prepared to travel to and perform at the conference if selected.
- Failure to comply with any or all the specifications in the application process will automatically disqualify the application.
- ACDA-MN reserves the right to approve any applications for appearance and to edit all materials proposed for distribution.
ACDA-MN does not assume any financial responsibility for travel, food, or lodging for performance groups. This
application implies that the above named group is prepared to travel to and perform at the conference if accepted.
Please note that newly established transportation grants ($500 minimum to $1,000 maximum) will be available from the
FMC Endowment Fund to support a portion of transportation expenses in 2022.